Welcome to the 2023 Season 2 - GTC HyPrix Porsche Cup
The Porsche Cup is an event organized by GT Champions (RWB Racing) and sponsored by our friends at HyPrix.
It’s a 6 round event with a dropped round, raced on Saturdays at 6 pm Eastern Time (10 pm GMT). It will be live streamed with commentary to our platforms, and will have tuning off, light damage, and will have the possibility of wet races in random events, with fuel and tire wear of 2x for both.
This Page Updated: 1-19-2023 1:25 pm ET
All main series events start Saturdays at 6 pm ET / 10 PM GMT
PST: 3:00pm US Pacific | EST: 6:00pm US Eastern | BST: 11:00pm UK London | MYT: 6:00am Malaysia | AEST: 8:00am AU Sydney
Track changes may occur depending on game updates
Pre-Season Qualifiers will run January 7th and 8th, with the final qualifier round for D1 & D2 on Saturday 14th
live- Saturday 1-7-23 > Heat 1 – 6PM <|> Heat 2 – 7PM <|> Heat 3 – 8PM
Live- Sunday 1-8-23 > Final Heat 1 – 6PM <|> Semi Heat 1 – 7PM <|> Semi Heat 2 – 8PM
Live- Saturday 1-14-23 > Final heat 2
Pre-Season Qualifier track(s) will be announced on or about January 1st 2023.
Registration List here
Division 1, with the top drivers in GT Champions, will be streamed LIVE, with commentary on our Facebook, Twitch and YouTube channels.
You can learn more about all our streaming platforms here: https://gtchampions.com/live
DIVISION 2 INFO: Additional divisions may be created to allow others to race against their friends and foes. Division2 will be the reserve division for the division 1 races. Division 2 races will follow Division 1 races and will be live broadcasted as well.
Race Regulations – RULE BOOK (may be updated at any time – notified on Discord)
- 1 Hour races
- x2 Tires/ x2 Fuel
- RS, RM, RH, IM, HW tires allowed
- BoP / Tuning OFF
- Races with 1 drop round (Rounds 1-5 can be dropped. Final round can’t be dropped)
- Comply with required Livery Items
Pre-season qualifying – check rule book section 4
Pre Season Qualifier Courses
Course Specific details
- Day One Heats – Lago Maggiore East Reverse
- Afternoon S12 (Sunny, and monsoon clouds)
- Time advance 1x
- Day Two Heats – Sardegna A
- Evening C02 (Cloudy and Warm)
- Time advance 1x
- Day Three Heat – Kyoto Yamagiwa Reverse
- Night S03 (Cloudy and Pleasant)
- Time advance 1x
- Grid Start, Fastest First, BOP on, tuning off
- Slipstream real, damage light
- Fuel and tires x3, Grip real
- Shortcut Weak, Wall collision None
- Correct vehicle off, car collision on
- Pit lane cutting on, Ghosting off
- Flag rules on
- Counter steering Assist prohibited, all others assist no limit.
- Lobbies will open approx. 15-30 minutes before race start.
- Qualifying will use the GT7 built in qualifier of 10 minutes.
- Lobbies will be sorted by fastest first
- Drivers can use any strategy or tires to complete their fastest lap time.
- Race start will be announced with a 2-3 min warning.
Livery Requirements: CLICK HERE
HyPrix Fastest Lap Award = 1 Point
Saturdays at 6:00 pm Eastern
Qualifying lobby opens 30 minutes before race.
PST: 3:00 pm US Pacific
EST: 6:00 pm US Eastern
BST: 11:00 pm UK London
MYT: 6:00 am Malaysia
AEST: 8:00 am AU Sydney
Penalties for incorrect livery use
- 1st race: 5 seconds penalty
- 2nd race: 10 seconds
- 3rd race: 5 points deduction
- 4th race: 7 points deduction
- 5th race: 10 points deduction
Check the livery regulations here: https://gtchampions.com/porsche-cup-livery-details/
What is HyPrix?
HyPrix (pronounced “hi” as in “hybrid” and “prix” as “pree”), is a graphic design agency/racing team hybrid, which has supported GT Champions for a couple years. Founder Julio Márquez, aka Pixteca, has worked with real life drivers as designer, photographer and videographer in regional series in Mexico, and has also worked as track photographer in Formula E and WEC.
In the simracing world, HyPrix supports leagues and drivers with designs for their social media pages, stream overlays, liveries, etc., while their drivers participate in everything from Gran Turismo, to iRacing, having won various events including this years Daytona 500 with driver John_YDG.
HyPrix has proudly supported GT Champions with their website design, event posters and stream overlays for the last few seasons.
You can find more info about HyPrix on their website, and follow them on their social media platforms:
Dribbble (design portfolio): https://dribbble.com/pixteca
You can also find Pixteca in the GT Champions Discord!